Common Risks and hazards in Farming:
- operating quadbikes, tractors, and their attachments
- handling large livestock, in particular cattle, sheep, and horses
- working in confined spaces like silos, milk vats and tanks
- using chemicals (for example, cleaning agents, pesticides, and herbicides)
- working around electricity (for example, working near overhead powerlines and operating equipment like pumps near water)
How to make your farm safer
Our tools and handbooks can help you find common hazards, assess the risks and set up suitable controls for your farm.
Consult with employees and any contractors about the hazards around your farm and how the risks can be controlled.